Required Cybersafety Lessons for Mason County Schools
Mason County Schools will use Common Sense Media lessons approved by the WVDE for CIPA and ERATE Compliance
- Teachers in Grades K-5 are required to teach 1 lesson
- Teachers in Grades 6-8 are required to teach 2 lessons
- Teachers in Grades 9-12 are required to teach 1 lesson
- Lessons are sorted by Grade Level
- Click Green Grade Level Circle to Find Lesson Materials
- Once you teach the Lesson enter the date you taught it in WOW
- Get it done ASAP!!!
Students learn that they have a digital footprint and that this information can be searched; copied and passed on, but that they can take some control based on what they post online.
Students work together to outline common expectations in order to build a strong digital citizenship community. Each member of the class signs a We the Digital Citizens Pledge.
Students consider scenarios in which they might feel uncomfortable or encounter inappropriate talk or behavior online. They learn to recognize online predators and rules for online safety.